PBfit Gluten Free Pancakes
Have you ever looked at sugar cookies and said, “those look really good, but I know if I eat them, they will spike my blood sugar and I will crash later.” Probably not, but if you did, well, that is all about to change. These “sugar” cookies are sweetened with BetterBody Foods (BBF) Organic Agave nectar. Agave is a sweetener that scores low on the glycemic index which means that it will not spike your blood sugar like normal sugar cookies. What are you waiting for? It’s time to bake some cookies!
|6 Tbsp BBF Organic Agave||
|2 Tbsp milk|
|1 tsp BBF Organic Bourbon Madagascar Vanilla|
|1/2 tsp pure lemon flavoring|
|2 Cups flour|
|1 1/2 tsp baking powder|
|1/8 tsp salt|
|1/2 Cup BBF Virgin Organic Coconut Oil||
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a measuring cup or small bowl, combine the wet ingredients. Mix well and allow to sit while you prepare the dry ingredients, or at least two minutes.
3. In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in the BBF Organic Virgin Coconut Oil until it is completely blended in, no little lumps remain, and the mixture is crumbly. (It should hold together when you squeeze it in your palm).
4. Pour the wet mixture over the flour mixture and stir until well blended. You should have a soft and slightly sticky dough.
5. For drop cookies, you may use the dough immediately. Drop from a teaspoon or small scoop onto a cookie sheet about one inch (2 cm) apart. Flatten slightly with the palm of your hand or a silicon spatula.
6. For rolled cookies, gather the dough together and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate about an hour, until firm. Roll out to about 1/4 inch (1/2 cm) thickness on a lightly floured board. Cut into desired shapes and place on a cookie sheet.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until edges are just golden. Cool before removing from sheets and decorating as desired.