PBfit Gluten Free Pancakes
|2 Tbsp BBF* Naturally Refined Avocado Oil||
|1 small red onion (chopped)|
|2 cloves garlic (minced)|
|1 lb ground sirloin|
|1 red pepper (chopped)|
|1 green pepper (chopped)|
|1-2 jalapeños (seeded and minced)|
|1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes|
|2 Tbsp BBF* Organic Agave||
|3 Cups vegetable broth|
|1 can (15 oz) black beans (rinsed and drained)|
|1 can (15 oz) white beans (rinsed and drained)|
|2 Tbsp cumin|
|2 Tbsp coriander|
|3 Tbsp chili powder|
|1 Tbsp sea salt|
|1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate|
|1 bunch fresh cilantro|
|1 Cup cheddar cheese (grated)|
1. In a 5-quart pot cook onions in BBF* Naturally Refined Avocado Oil until soft, about 4 minutes.
2. Add garlic and cook for 4 more minutes. Crumble in ground sirloin and cook until slightly browned. Drain excess grease.
3. Stir in peppers and cook for 5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
4. Stir in the beans, spices, chocolate and BBF* Organic Agave.
5. Stirring occasionally, cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes. If chili gets too thick add extra vegetable broth.
6. Serve warm with fresh cilantro, grated cheese and cornbread.
Serving Size: 1 Cup
Makes 10 servings
Tips and Notes:
For a lower fat version, replace ground sirloin with veggie grounds (a soy product). I have made this many times and not even the diehard carnivores can tell the difference!