Nothing is better than biscuits and bacon for breakfast...well unless you're watching your waistline. Insert these BetterBody Foods (BBF) coconut flour biscuits that have bacon layered into these delicious delights. Now you can have your biscuit and a better body.
|1/2 Cup BBF organic coconut flour||
|3/4 tsp baking soda|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1/2 Cup BBF organic virgin coconut oil||
|1 Tbsp BBF organic coconut vinegar||
|1/2 Cup butternut squash or pumpkin puree|
|1/4 Cup chives, chopped|
|3-4 strips of bacon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Chop the bacon into small pieces. Preheat a skillet over medium heat, add the bacon and cook until browned and crispy. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
3. Combine coconut flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the oil, pumpkin, and vinegar to the coconut flour mixture and beat till smooth. Add one egg at a time to the batter, mixing well between each one. Add the bacon and chives until just blended.
4. Drop 2 tbsp. sized mounds of batter onto the prepared baking sheet, keeping them round and tall.
5. Bake for 12-15 min or until slightly golden. Do not over bake or they can become dry. Larger biscuits will take longer. Let cool for a few minutes before moving from the pan.