The Ultimate Quinoa Burger
Want a burger without the beef? Then try these scrumptious BetterBody Foods (BBF) burgers that are sure to even please the meat eaters in your life!
|1 Can cannellini beans|
|1 Tbsp garlic|
|2 Cups BBF Organic Quinoa||
|1/4 Cup chopped onions|
|1/4 Cup chopped green onions|
|1 Tbsp BBF Organic Chia Seeds||
|1/2 Cup cheese|
|salt and pepper (to taste)|
|rice vinegar (enough to marinade cucumbers wedges)|
1. Rinse and wash Quinoa before cooking.
2. Add 2 cups quinoa to 4 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for 15 mins or until water is gone. Fluff with fork.
3. Skin and cut jicama into chips. Place on baking sheet with BBF naturally refined coconut oil and garlic salt. Bake in oven at 420 F for approx. 10 mins or until crispy.
4. Mix chia with 3 Tbsp water and let sit for 15 mins.
5. Cut cucumber into wedges. Add rice vinegar, salt and pepper. Let marinate for at least 15 mins.
6. Mash can of cannellini beans.
7. Chop both onions and cheese.
8. Combine quinoa with beans and chia. Mix well. Add garlic, salt, pepper and onions. Mix again. Last, add cheese, mixing in lightly.
9. Form into patties.
10. Grill until crispy on edges.
11. Build your burger with pickled cucumber and jicama chips (plus any extra toppings you like).
12. Take a big bite, and enjoy!