Thanks Rachel’s Vegan Kitchen, a new vegan cookbook by Rachel Lorton for this recipe. If you want to find more delicious vegan recipes like this one, check out the whole cookbook. Follow this link: Rachel’s Vegan Kitchen
|1 package extra firm tofu|
|1 c celery, diced|
|1 c onion, diced|
|1 Tbsp cornstarch|
|1 tsp ground ginger|
|2 tsp chili powder|
|1 Tbsp garlic powder|
|3 Tbsp liquid aminos or coconut aminos|
|2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar|
|2 Tbsp Sriracha sauce|
|1 Tbsp BBF Coconut Palm Sugar||
|1 Tbsp BBF Naturally Refined Coconut Oil||
|2 Tbsp BBF Naturally Refined Coconut OIl||
|- romain lettuce hearts|
|- green onion for garnish|
1. Prep tofu by removing excess water by draining, then wrap in a clean dishtowel, place on a plate, & top with a heavy object such as a cast iron skillet. Let set for at least 10 minutes.
2. using hands, crumble tofu into a large mixing bowl. Mix in cornstarch, ginger, chili powder, & garlic powder.
3. Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
4. Add tofu, & cook for 5 minutes to brown, stirring throughout, then set aside in bowl.
5. Add celery & onion to skillet, & cook for approximately 4-5 minutes until cooked down.
6. Add balsamic vinegar, Sriracha, coconut palm sugar, & PBfit to skillet, & simmer for 2-3 minutes.
7. Stir in tofu, & stir until heated.
8. Serve in pieces of romaine lettuce, & garnish with green onion.