Corn Black Bean & Cabbage Salad
Nutrition without alcohol.
|4 egg yolks|
|1/4 Cup BBF organic agave||
111 in stock
|1 Pint whole milk|
|1 Cup heavy cream|
|3 oz bourbon or rum (optional)|
|1 tsp nutmeg, grated|
|4 egg whites|
1. Place the egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat to soft peaks.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color.
3. Gradually add the BetterBody Foods (BBF) organic agave and beat for 30 more seconds.
4. Add the milk, cream, bourbon/rum and nutmeg and stir to combine.
5. Whisk the egg whites into the milk mixture. Chill and serve.
For cooked eggnog, follow the procedure below.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg yolks until they lighten in color. Gradually add the agave and beat for 30 more seconds. Set aside. In a medium saucepan, over high heat, combine the milk, heavy cream, and nutmeg and bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and gradually temper the hot mixture into the egg and agave mixture. Then return everything to the pot and cook until the mixture reaches 160°F. Remove from the heat, stir in the bourbon/rum, pour into a medium mixing bowl, and set in the refrigerator to chill.