Vegan Corn Chowder
|1 lb eggless fettuccine|
|1 Tbsp BBF Naturally Refined Avocado Oil||
65 in stock
|1/2 yellow onion, sliced|
|1 Tbsp minced garlic|
|5 cups cauliflower florets|
|1 cup vegetable broth|
|1 cup Oatsome Oat Milk|
|1/3 cup nutritional yeast|
|juice of 1 lemon|
|salt & pepper to taste|
|6 small Portobello mushrooms, cleaned & sliced|
|1 bunch of asparagus, cut in 2" pieces (about 2 cups)|
|1 small red onion, sliced|
|2 Tbsp minced garlic|
|fresh basil for garnish|
1. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add cauliflower and broth, cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until cauliflower is soft.
3. Transfer to a blender, add Oatsome, nutritional yeast, lemon, salt and pepper, and blend until smooth and creamy.
4. Cook fettuccine in boiling water until al dente, approximately 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
5. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook for approximately 6 - 8 minutes, until mushrooms are golden brown. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Turn heat to low. Add pasta and alfredo sauce and toss until pasta is coated.
7. Top with fresh basil and serve immediately.